Friday, March 13, 2009

Nanaimo and Back

Two weeks ago Phil, Parker and I took a day trip to Nanaimo. It actually wasn't just for fun...Phil had to pick up a trailer for one of his customers at work. Parker and I just decided to tag along for the day. This was actually our first family road trip since Parker has been with us!
Well since then the trailer was repaired and needed to get hauled back to Nanaimo. So we all decided to venture out there yesterday once again. We woke up early, grabbed a coffee and gas, made a stop at Phil's work, and then headed out to catch the 10:30 ferry.
When we found our place in the ferry line-up we decided we better give Parker a diaper change while we had the chance. He had been turning red in the face and grunting and groaning all the way to the ferry. We figured that he had left us a treat in there, but never could we have imagined that such a cute little guy could produce such a whopper of a pooh! As Phil pulled back the tabs of the diaper he yelled "OH NO!" (I was in the back seat at that moment and didn't see what he had produced.) Phil continued to yell, "We had a BLOW-OUT! We have to change his clothes!" I tried to inform Phil that I had specifically dressed Parker in his super cute outfit for the day and that I wanted him to stay in it. I told him that he could live with a little pooh on his pants. But Phil responded, "This isn't a LITTLE bit of pooh!!" He passed me the little khaki pants that had been absolutely soaked with yellow baby pooh! Luckily we come prepared for anything these days and we had a change of clothes for him, but it was quite an ordeal! After the chaos we had a great laugh about it all!
Soon after the mess we headed onto the ferry to continue our trip. It was a pretty uneventful day other than our first major diaper blow out. We arrived in Nanaimo at about 12:30, dropped off the trailer, and headed back to the ferry terminal to catch the 2:00 sailing. We didn't get a chance to hang out in Nanaimo at all, but we had a fun day just being together as a family. On our way back we ventured out onto the deck of the ferry to try and get some family portraits to remember the day by. All in all it was a great day bursting with family bonding time...and baby pooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment