Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Parker gets his First Immunizations!



It is so hard to believe that Parker is already 2 months old today! To celebrate his birthday I had to take him to get his first immunizations. NOT fun! As soon as we arrived at the Health Unit they weighed and measured him. He now weighs 13 POUNDS and is 21 3/4 inches long!! That is more than DOUBLE his birth weight! Little piggy!


Before he got stuck with the needle he was looking up at me; smiling, cooing, and giggling. But as soon as the needle went in he turned beet red and started screaming SO hard that I had to blow in his face to get him to breathe! I couldn't believe how long the needle was too! It looked like it was almost the same width as his little leg that was getting poked. He actually did very well, or so I was told. He only screamed for a couple minutes and then got instantly sleepy! It was SO hard for me to see him in pain though...I may have shed a few tears for him ;). Poor boy!
(Picture is of Parker right after his shots all drugged up and dopey!)

1 comment: